amp turn-on static pops: what to do?

jdm56

I guess it's not a big deal, but it is annoying. Every time I power up my Onkyo A-9555 integrated, when that relay closes I get an obnoxious pop through the LSII's. Nothing harmful, but enough to bring the subs on! I've tried making sure the volume is all the way down at power-up, but that doesn't seem to make any difference. There is also some switching noise the first time or two I change the input selector position after turn-on. After that, all is quite juicy and wonderfull. The amp is a class D, and runs very cool. I assume it draws very little current at idle, so after I make sure that's the case I may just opt to leave it on unless some of you geniuses out there have a simple fix for this sitch'ation. I wondered if it could be a grounding thing, but I've never heard of ground problems causing pops...maybe it's just an Onkyo thing.[*-)]

Hmm, I did not know that...I thought one of the advantages of class D was that they were more efficient as far as AC current draw relative to power output. (Is it obvious I'm no electonics tech?[:S]) I'm not disputing what you said; it just surprises me, that's all.