Help!!! Pioneer Eite vsx-92txh vs Denon avr-2809ci

arriagaricardo

Can any body help me with this problem, i was on the process to upgrade my receiver, i went to best buy(i buy there because i get the 18 monts no interest, but they carry only elites or denons) i found the elite for vsx-92txh $799(it is an open box),i bought it it seems to be a great reciver with lots of options to play with and certifications like Thx select2, air studios tunning, but i found it complicated, i have experience with denons and i love them i wanted to get the 2809ci my questions are:

Is the elite any better than the denon?

if not, the price that i got it for will make up that diference?

Thank you for your help, i tried to do some research for the pioneer but there is not a single pro review posted on the internet.

I own that exact Pioneer model and found it to be very simple to setup/use...it actually replaced a denon AVR 2700...

I find the Pioneer to be a very capable neutral sounding amp....I don't use it at all for music just HT but hooked it up to my Khorns once and it sounded fine...

I don't think any of the ht recievers in the Big Box $750-$1200 range are much different in build quality or $-$ features offered....they may have there unique company brands sound...warm, neutral, etc ......it's just what you like at that point...the HK's are very popular as are the Onkyo's.....so I don't think you can go wrong with any of them

I also have that same receiver. I like it alot , it is hooked up to
a pair of LaScalas, Mostly 2 channel Dvd concerts. although I only use
it as a pre amp into my carver amp. You do have to read the manual but
is fairly simple to set up and i like the eq and sound adjustment for
each channel. I bought mine new in the box from Hi fi heaven and
it was like 700 no tax plus shipping. Have not got
around to the whole 7 channel thing yet, but I bet it will work
great.

Here is the link.

http://www.hifiheaven.net

I do not any experiance with the Dennon.

I have the Pioneer and have enjoyed playing with all the different functions. But in the end I just use Pure Direct and it sounds great if the speaker locations are good, room is good etc.

Coupled with the Elite Blue Ray player both DVDs and Blue Ray disks are amazing for both sound and picture. I have been using a CD player direct to an amp for 2 channel, sounds marginally better then when going through all the extra hook up etc of the pre-amp. Blue Ray disks that are at 48khz or better sound so good that as more become availible down the road I will eliminate the CD and phono player and just use Blue Ray for music.