A question concerning a quality connection

ezdriver

A just bought my first sub, the RSW-10d, due to a great price and have been trying to educate myself on the correct way to connect it to my receiver. My receiver has a single Pre-Out for the sub. I see that the RSW has a Right and a Left connection and have read that I can connect the cable from my Pre-Out to the Left connector on the sub. However, I have also read that there can be advantages (decreased hum, increased dB, etc.) if I use a Y-cable to allow the cable from the Receiver to be split to both the Right and Left connections on the sub.

Can you more knowledgeable Klipsch people please shed some light on the subject for me? Thanks much.

ez

The single connection is all you need. You can connect to both inputs for a 6dB gain in volume, but it's very unlikely that you'd need that much. Since a y-connector costs under $10, you could buy one and see for yourself.

I've never seen any reference to reduce hum when connecting to both inputs. Are you getting any hum now? The only time I ever got hum from my sub was when I used a sub cable that was defective. When I re-installed the cheaper cable that I was using before, the hum went away.

Actually, it's in transit to me so I haven't received it yet. I was just doing a bit of reading on the subject and came across the reference to hum. I think(?) it was the BlueJean.com website, but don't hold me to that. Anyway, I'm anxious to get it set-up to see how it plays with my other components. [;)]

Thanks for the reply, Islander.