Crossover setting subs

BBall

Hello my friends, this is my first post.

This is the 7.1 setup that i currently have and need help with settings.

F)F3s 60hz

C)C3 80hz

S)S3s 90hz

SR)S2s 90hz

Subs)Kw12 and Sub12 both @ 100hz

The Subs are turned to about 11 0'clock.

Are my settings correct for the speakers that I have. The subs are placed outside of the fronts near the walls. Thanks in Advance for any advice to enhance my sound.

I just bought the RSW-10d. I read on another forum that, if you control the sub's crossover from within the receiver, you should adjust your sub's settings to a higher level. So, if my receiver is set at 80Hz for the sub, then I would set the controls on the sub at 120Hz. As I understand it, this would allow the sub's crossover to be controlled by the receiver.

I also have a question: I have some large older KG-4.5's for my fronts. Should I set those to Large or Small in the receiver? I am a bit confused by the Yamaha directions .

Thanks much.

I used some of the setting from my receiver, and then from reading as many post as I could. I then called Klipsch Tech advice. I was told that I could even set the fronts(F3s) to 40hz. I then just listened. I will try the subs at 80hz and let you know. Thanks in advance.

You're welcome.

The reason why 80Hz is usually recommended is that frequencies higher than that tend to make a subwoofer sound more 'boomy' and make the sound much easier to localize as far as knowing that its coming from the location of the sub rather than blending with the sound from the rest of the speakers.

99% of the time Small is the correct setting. You fall into the 99%.Smile

Just one more question. Is there any other effect on sound other than LFE by setting a speaker to "Small"? Being that these KG-4.5's are rather large in size and definitely not bookshelf-size, I feel a bit strange setting them to "Small". Thanks.