Klipsch towers for jazz

troutboy

Hi folks,

I recently ended up with a tube pre to mate with my ss amp and for classic jazz stuff the match is unbelievable. I have some Canton midgrade speakers in this second system currently, but i am considering replacing them with some of the more efficient Klipsch towers from either the CF, RF, or SF lines. I am most likely going to try the second hand market instead of going the new route because it is in a second system and also because most of the ones i am considering are not available any longer new. I am considering the CF-3 &4, theRF-7, 35, 63, and 82, and the SF3. I am limited to the more slender tower designs because of space limitations or i would go after another set of Cornwalls like i have in my main system.

Now, to the questions.

1) Does any of these particular speakers perform better with jazz style of music than the others? I know listening is all subjective before the arguments starts, but i know one set of speakers that i currently own sounds very detailed and open with jazz or classical, but not too special with straight ahead rock or pop music.

I have owned a set of CF1's and they were just average in performance with classic jazz, however let it be noted that it was with a ss pre/ss amp setup. I have read very positive things about the CF4. Anybody listening to mostly jazz through them that wishes to share your impressions?

Thanks in advance for any and all input.

Mike

Mike, I know you asked about towers, but I have always had a fondness for small combo jazz through Cornwall cabinets. Others will probably disagree with me, but see if anyone local has a pair of Cornwalls that you can listen to. No harm in trying it out.

Good Luck,

-Tom

The KLF's and the Forte and Quartet have definitely crossed my mind while thinking this through. Maybe just move this a little and that just a bit and maybe i can get the door to the room to open without hitting anything.[:)] Mostly i am curious about the newer models like the RF, CLF, and CF's just for something different, but i may very well end up with the Forte or Quartet because their design is very much to my liking based on the Cornwalls i have. Thanks for reminding me.