Kudos and questions...

CharlieTuna

First, kudos to Klipsch for maintaining such a high quality forum and to the participants that contribute. There is a very electric, cultish vibe here that, along with the incredible Klipsch experience I have, makes me feel like I made a good decision when forking out $$ for my first attempt at a high fidelity system. As new and uninformed as I was, I luckily made the right directional decision.

Having posted for (and received) much helpful advice, I'm leaning in this direction:

1)Replace my SW-10 with a single SVS 1646PC subwoofer (I know, Einstein not required)

2)Considering replacing my KG2.2V center with an Academy (if available, complimenting my Quartet mains)

3) Replacing my Quintet front (DSP effect) and rear (surrounds) with RS-3IIs.

This would leave me open to add Quartets/Chourus/Fortes

and reconfigure my mains and new rears.

I KNOW the SVS and RS-3II will work. But, will the Academy make a big difference? The KG2.2V sounds pretty good, but I'm open to suggestions.

Also, aside from the "tuning" aspects of speaker matching, I have no knowledge of speaker level setup. I use the "test" function provided on my Yamaha DSP-A1 to adjust the levels to something that is equal for all speakers. Is this correct? There is also the adjustment of "small" and "large" which I just set according to the speaker size.

Thanks again to everyone for your help

CT

------------------

=====================================

Always looking for some good advice.

=====================================