Sub kicks on and off on 4.2 setup

I26

I have a 4.2 setup (2)2.1 systems running together. All was well for a few years but now the one sub will cut in and out dependent on volume I have it at. If the sub was dying why would it not simply stop working? It happens as soon as I turn it on. What is the repair procedure for getting it looked at? Is there a flat fee? Thanks for taking the time.

• Like 1

not a problem at all, what I suggest you do is switch the din plugs from the control pods to the other subwoofer. so in other words unplug the control pod that is hooked up to the subwoofer that is giving you trouble and then plug that control pod into the other subwoofer and try it out and see if the problem excists in the other subwoofer, if it does then we know it is the control pod that is bad, if not then we know you have an internal problem with your subwoofer amplifier. If the problem is your control pod then I can help you out with that, if it is not then you will need a klipsch certified technician.