Making music EMU 1212m

MikeSt

I'm about to order an EMU (E-MU?) 1212m to play music, games and movies with, and was just wondering what advice somone could give a newb on how to make music with it? I've never made digital music before but I'd like to try. I know this is a silly question but the whole music-making thing on the computer is so confusing I thought maybe someone could help or tell me an easy way to do it. This card seems to be perfect for that.

Also I read the card is great not just for music but also games and movies, has that been your experience?

I don't know about the 1212 but I've been using their 0404 for several years with good results. I haven't used it for games, just recording/mastering my live recordings. About all I can say that is negative is the routing of signals can be a pain and confusing sometimes. I have to change the input/output routing and signal levels depending on what I'm doing. I can't just for instance, set the routing for input signals AND output signals and leave them. I have to switch back & forth. Possibly the 1212 is more flexible.