Lyra dorian cart???

fenderbender

I have a Lyra Dorian is used for 6 mo. until replacing with a Ortofon Jubilee.  The Lyra was excellent with my VPI Aries, very acurate and detailed. I think the Lyra is one of the best bang for the buck carts out there. 

I bought mine for about $750 from Larry at Hollywood Sound in Hollywood CA. who I highly recommend.

rigma

Yep Larry is the man! although the prices from Lyra have increased this year but Larry is still going to discount about 20% from the big online stores......Thanks

Micheal-

What's the latest on the amp front? Any selection yet?

I ordered a Rouge audio (Mark O'brien) Atlas "Magnum" version.......they basically take the components (power supply, transformers, Dale-vishay resistors, Hovland caps ) used in the top of the line m-150 monos and make them into a stereo amp.....El 84 pentode 55 WPC......or kt-77's ....or KT 90's for 90 WPC.....

I listened to one the other day and was floored!!!! ........the standard atlas is very nice......but the magnum makes it a whole new amp in a heavy but relatively small package compared to 2 of their mono's.....they told me that this will be a new standard offering after the new year to replace some other products in the line.....