Help! Forte sounds muffled

GLFMD56

Here is my dilemma; I have Forte's and Heresy's powered by a Sansui AU D9. Recently I re-built both crossover networks using high end components. The Heresy XO capacitors have been upgraded with Mundorf SIO and the Forte with Mundorf Supreme, Sledgehammer Inductor, Dayton Wire Wound Resistor. While playing these side by side, the Forte sounds extremely closed in and muffled, while the Heresy sounds open and clear. The Forte's have a sensitivity of 98dB while the Heresy's have a sensitivity of 96dB, so if anything, the Forte's should sound louder which is not the case. The Forte capacitors only have about 25 hours on them but I find it hard to believe that after 100 hours or so they will magically open up. At this point I am questioning whether the tweeter and midrange horn magnets could be weak (all 4 unlikely), maybe the spring clip terminals are effecting the sound, or I have wired something wrong (checked it twice), or possibly the audioformer is going bad. I have provided a diagram of my XO layout. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Mike

Forte XO.pdf

Can't help you on the crossovers, but.... change the Forte's on the AU-D9 to either speaker system "A" or "B" (swap them) and see if the problem follows the speakers. The D-9 and D-11 if I recall, often had an issue with speaker system A vs system B when both were used together. The DD/DC circuitry only applied to speaker system A.