Subwoofer spike issue

metro_pro

Sounds like the Kenwood is not muting the pre-amp outs when it switches sources. Is that the only time your hear the thumping (other than when playing music, of course)? Some amps/receivers don't mute when switching. You could try muting the Kenwood, then switching sources, and see if it goes away. If so, I think we know the answer.

Have you checked the Kenwood site to see if there is a FAQ on this? Kenwood owners, feel free to chime in...

Doug

------------------

My System

Thanks for the feedback guys!

Hey Doug yeah I hear this thumping when i switch sources and also when I switch listening modes. I am gonna investigate this non-muting issue some more, by the way some interesting info is that this problem only started after I had the receiver a couple of months so there was a time when the thumping only occurred when i wanted it to....ie when playing music etc. As for the Kenwood site they reserve their technical acumen for answering really in depth issues like "Why does my volume numbers go up when sound level goes down" If you aren't familiar with Kenwood receivers ..... believe me this is not difficult to figure out!

Peter