Surround options for KG5.5 mains

rgito

Hi,

I have a HT which utilizes KG 5.5s for the mains, a KV3 for the center, an SVS sub, and a pair of KG1.5's for the rear surrounds. I just purchased a 6.1 receiver and would like to add the second set of surrounds.

Should I just scour craigslist/ebay for another set of 1.5s, or is there a better choice among current Klipsch offerings for the my new surrounds?

Thanks!

Do you mean 7.1? I thought 6.1 means adding only a rear center, does it not? In either case, I would add the same speaker as the rear surrounds, or at least something from the same series, such as the KG .5, 1.5, or 2.5. Most here will agree that mixing different series will not be optimal sonically, due to different timbre of the different designs. On the other hand, the rears usually do not carry nearly as much info as the mains, so matching is not as critical. On the third hand, I have read that Blu-Ray discs, with the newer Dolby and DTS systems, have lots of rear channel info. My friend has 5.5s with 2.2s as rears and a 2.2V center, and it sounds great.