I seem to have lost my rear speaker sound??

JohnnyAce

Hi all,

Im new to the board and have a question. Ordered a rig from Alienware about a year ago and went with the 4.1 Klipsch setup due to the rave reviews I read, and my desire for some rumbling bass for wargames and racing Wink.gif

Anyway a couple months ago I noticed the left rear speaker would loose its treble and sound muffled. If I "jiggled" the surround knob I could get it to "come back in". I didn't worry too much about this as it only happened rarely and a few jiggles could get it working.

HOWEVER, now I seem to have lost both rears and no amount of moving the knob gets it working. I tried plugging the rear lead into the front jack to make sure it wasnt the sound card, but still the same, bass but no mids or treble.

SO, has anyone else experienced this? I guess I will be notifying Customer Service or someone to see what we can do. I think my year warranty is up by about 3-4 weeks though Frown.gif

Other than this problem I have LOVED my Klipsch's even though my neighbors in the apartment complex havent Smile.gif

John

You need a new control pod, the dill with the surround knob. Sounds like yours just wore out.

You can get one by calling the parts number, or the ProMedia 1-800 number below and asking for a new CP-1. That should fix your problem. Is there anyone around you that has a ProMedia 4.1 that you can test their control pod with?

------------------

-justin

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 1-888-554-5665

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150

ProMedia 5.1 Placement Help s>

That's ok, I am about 99% positive it is the control pod Smile.gif

I used to live in the sticks, i know how it is. Population was 3600, now my SCHOOL have nearly 4000! LoL! I just moved back to houston from little ol' bellville, what a change, to say the least!

good luck, let me know if there is anything else i can do.

------------------

-justin

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 1-888-554-5665

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150

ProMedia 5.1 Placement Help s>

quote:

Originally posted by justin_tx_16:

You need a new control pod, the dill with the surround knob. Sounds like yours just wore out.

Boy, they sure don't make like they used to! The control pod knob "wore out" in approximately 10 months justy? Is that what you're telling this poor guy? Come on ! It is obviously defective.