Switch to KL-650 THX from magnepans worth it?

SeanCJ

Hello all.

I really could use the collective Klipsch knowledge and experience on these forums to help me out.
Please help me decide on this 'change/upgrade'.
I've got a chance to buy 3, one year old demo, Klipsch Ultra 2 KL-650s for $1400 that will come with full Klipsch warranty. These are from an authorized Klipsch dealer.
I've been considering for some months now replacing my magnepan 1.6qrs and CC3 center channel with the KL-650s, but I keep holding back.
I'm just not sure if the 650's will be an improvement over the maggies. The only place in town I can hear the Ultra 2's is a home theater store but the room is poorly set up, very small, and the speakers sounded very 'localized' but still very detailed and dynamic. I really want to keep the large soundstage I get from the maggies, but I do want to improve upon clarity of dialogue, overall dynamics, and maybe a bit more overall punch.
I have a 120" x 67" DIY AT screen. LCR are behind the screen. I sit 13 feet from the screen. Room is 24' wide by 26' long with 12' ceilings. I have an Epik Knight sub that gives me all the bass I need. Speakers are powered by a Sunfire Cinema Grand 5 x 250 wpc amp (450 wpc into 4 ohms) and Onkyo 805 running the show.
Can anyone give me some advice? Is it a good move? Will the KL-650s bring me to a new level of home theater? I'm mostly into Sci Fi/Action Adventure films and play quite a bit of XBOX 360 and PS3 gaming.
Thanks for any advice.

Most of the soundstage/imaging is dictated by the room, and then how the speaker loads the room. All that to say, the imaging will change because the polars will be different, but it should be a small change since it will be in the same room. However, what you will gain is all new levels of impact and dynamics, which I think really enhances getting immersed into the movie / games.

Sunfire mates up real well with Klipsch speakers too.

Well, its a done deal! I placed the order and the speakers should be here Wednesday/Thursday if all goes well with shipping.

I can't wait to experience these highly regarded speakers! Never thought I'd be able to get them, so this is indeed Christmas come early for me!

Thanks again to those that responded and offered advice!
Sean

I sure hope so. I'm pretty excited about their arrival. UPS has them sitting at my local UPS warehouse right now, just 5 minutes from my house. I can't get to them and its killing me knowing they are that close. I'll get them sometime tomorrow.

I'll post some pics of the home theater before and after pics once they are set up.

Thanks again all for the replies.