Has anyone listened to the Palladiums?

PhilMays

Yes, there are several people on this forum who have heard them and/or own them. You are correct, they do have some silky smooth bass for sure. That's a good way to describe it. I have heard them in a couple of different places and they do have a mid and high frequency horn sound resembling the Heritage series. In one venue I heard a couple of different models and the 39s sounded best to me.

I've had a set of the P-39F's in my living room for about 2 months now. They are fantastic in every way. The signature Klipsch sound is there, but in a little bit different flavor. To my ears, it's like Klipsch took the best qualities of their speakers (dynamics, liveliness, efficiency, horn technology) and married them to the best qualities of, say, B&W (accuracy, smoothness, control). They are also some of the best looking speakers available. I don't think Watt Puppies would pass the wife test in my house.

I have played just about every kind of music on them and haven't found anthing that doesn't sound good. They are less forgiving of poor recordings than other speakers I have heard. I have an LP copy of the remastered version of U2's "Joshua Tree" which has received less-than-glowing marks from some reviewers. It sounded better on my old speakers (Paradigms) than it does on the Palladiums because the lack of range and detail is clearly revealed. Better recorded LPs, like Dire Straits' "Brothers in Arms", sound live. There are certainly other fine speakers out there, but you won't regret choosing Palladiums.