Advice Needed on Finding a Deal on La Scala II's

triceratops

A longtime friend of mine has been listening to Klipsch stuff at my house (specifically RF-7s, Khorns, La Scalas, and Cornwalls) for a few months and has decided he would like to buy a new pair of La Scala II's in cherry finish. Unfortunately, full MSRP is more than he can swing. I recall that when Dean bought his new Khorns way back when, he got them for about $2K less than retail. Does anyone have any ideas how my friend could get La Scala II's for a similarly significant discount?

Please don't post prices or dealer's names on this thread, as that would surely cause some ill will. If you have any ideas about what would be a realistic street price or if you have a lead on a good deal on some LS II's, please send me an email or PM. If you have suggestions for general strategies for finding a pair, I'd love to hear it.

I went on the Klipsch website and found there are no Heritage dealers in my area. Perhaps my friend could go to a Reference dealer (there are a few nearby), offer to pay in advance, and take delivery of the speakers in boxes at the retailer's store. The sale would require no discussion, no demo, no testing, no delivery, and no set-up. It would be a low-stress transaction for the dealer, and hopefully still profitable even at a reduced price.

Any other thoughts?

I hope that this question is not in poor form and doesn't violate Forum policy. Amy, please let me know if I should modify or delete this question--just trying to help a buddy get the speakers of his dreams!

triceratops

Good point Michael...

These are new like Palladiums... no real 2ndary market yet... And so on.

You might get a deal at a distressed dealer..(Times are tough) or a little off a current authorised one.... but your not gonna see a lot off, becuase they are so new.

As for the secondary older versions... Lot's of good deals to be had!! AND ENJOYED too. [8-|]