USNRET

When I got to the panty to lay the new hardwood

uh......

hmmmmmmmmm..............

er........

oh, never mind.

Zip it!

Too easy, Richard . . . . .

I'm sitting here on hold for going on an hour now for my son's Christmas Rockband guitar that needs an RMA and I get this guff. OK, I'll take it. Need to show this one to the wife, maybe I can get a free trip to the pantRy for some goodies.

• 2 weeks later...

Who the heck told me I could do this? Oh yea that would be me. I've cut this SOB three times and it's still too short...I have a plan. It needed a hardwood base anyway. Got the garage cleaned out from the flooring install so the wife could get the mom-mobile inside, no more frost on the windows for school trips. IT WILL WORK, it will work

Just like the train, keep repeating I think I can, I think I can..... Yes

Remember, always measure 12 times cut once....

Good luck.

James

James, thanks for the encouragement but I am below the mean so even after 14 measurments the cuts are wrong! Seriously, I am getting there. The smooth cuts are made and even with constant engineering changes I hope to get to staining the inside tomorrow night. I have made the front doors of the two storage units match the "Vs" of my Belles with one having storage for 64 DVDs and the other storing the Wii (all other electonics are located remotely) and drawers to hold remotes, batteries, etc. After getting the hard to access ares stained I will assemble, install door switches and lights, assemble and then start the outside staining. I added 12 felt bottomed adjustment feet to handle unlevel flooring and for minute adjusts if required. looking at covering visible door surfaces with a cloth to resemble Belle fabric. I had mocked up 'lazy susan' turnables for the media storage but I decided not to over engineer it and with 13" wide storage the vertical racks are more efficient. Studing best way to recess Wii sensor and my remote IR sensor into the trim.

Thanks to all I getting closer.

I would show progess photos but my garage embrassment prevents it!

Mike

Thanks James. Tonight I am routing out pockets in the storage area rails/stiles (can't ever remember the right term for the uprights) for hidden self closing hinges. This will allow the pieces to open to exchange interior inserts (drawers, media storage, etc) and then close back. Since I don't have the time now, I will leave the flat black "Vs" in place to mimic Belles and fab inserts later.

• 2 weeks later...