Dual RW-12d in car box and ksp-400 w/ 15' powered woofers and bass isnt great HELP

syzygy

As far as your KSP400s are concerene, any "chuffing" sound you hear is probably an air leak either around the heatsink of the amplifier, control panel, or around the subwoofer itself. Play whatever music it is that creates that sound and listen very closely around those areas and feel for any air moving in and out of the cabinet. Once you locate the leak, remove reseal and replace that particular part. Ive had very good luck resealing around woofers and amplifiers using a product called MD Cord Weatherstrip. It's a pliable putty like cord that you can fashion into any shape and seals very well.

As far as missing the ultra deep bass, the Klipsch KSP400s are -3dB at 27 Hz and that's probably the reason right there.

1) KSP-400 turned up 1/2 way and 1/2 bass boost I get "chuffing"? at very particular points, otherwise pretty good sound for music

The chuffing could be port noise. Too high of a velocity at those particular frequencies.

2) Missing DEEP bas on orchestral music and movies. Any sugestions.

Deep bass is usually achieved with a properly tuned box made with the correct drivers. A box tuned for a vehicle is not tuned low enough for HT. (I think I stated that in my first post also).

thnkas