KLF-30s vs Fortes

Normo

I have a pair of the klf-30s that I like very much. I seem to see more internet posts about the fortes and wondered what the differences are between them . I did go to the klipsch site and saw that the fortes go slightly lower in range, though not by much and klf-30s are considerably heavier. Has anyone listened to both of these speakers, and if so could you describe the "sound" qualities of each? Thanks Norm

I have had the KLF 20's and the forte II's. I like the forte's better in that they seem to be a "cleaner" sound. As for the bass, the forte II's are unreal. You would swear that a sub was connected.

Having said that, I oved my KLF-20's and wished I had them back if for nothing other than wiring them to my emerson clock radio ;)

As a Legend Head, I'd have to vote for the KLF's - but I am biased. I don't recall ever hearing a pair of Klipsch speakers I didn't like - although some sound better to my ears in the room I'm listening to them in. The KLF's have rear port and require a bit of space from a rear surface (ie. wall) to embrace the full resonance of the port. Personally I prefer tower style speakers.