C1 problem.

davey101

Hey, i have had the C1's for 2 weeks now. Whenever i listen to music with bass, the left headphone seems to fuzz ever so slightly. This did not happen when i recieved the headphones, and i don't listen to my music at an extortionate volume.

Another thing, but this might be me, whenever i insert the left headphone, the music seems to lower and increase the volume (only left side)

What do you think i should do?

Regards,

Davey101,

There's a good chance you've got a bit of wax or something in one of the gel nozzles or even the earphone nozzle. The first thing to do is try to clean with the cleaning tool. The ear gels may also be cleaned with dish soap. You can also try the cleaning tool on the earphone nozzle itself as by design I don't think it will go deep enough to cause any problems.

Here's a thread on cleaning. http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/t/97606.aspx There should be more such threads but you'll probably have to click on the more options and then select the option to show all threads as it defaults and seems to return to show only most recent 2 months.

Antother thing to try is gently suck on the nozzle like drinking from a straw or even tapping lightly. I've found that just a tiny flake of a foreign substance, ear lotion in my case, can cause a raspiness or fuzziness to the sound.

As a prevention, clean 'em religiously.

Good luck.

Ben

I am using it with an iPod Touch. I don't think it is a bad jack problem as it was like this when i bought them (around 2 weeks ago). But as i have been listening to music with a lot of bass in, the left headphone has started to fuzz when i turn the volume up slightly.

I have tried to clean it from using the supplied cleaning tool to lightly flicking the earphone to get anything in there out. But nothing has come out, and i doubt anything is in there.

EDIT: I have just borrowed my friends Creative Zen and the problem also exists when using his player. So it is a problem with the headphones :(