forte II, Academy, Heresy

colterphoto1

I'm doing an HT setup of these speakers, which currently reside in various rooms of the House of Klipsch, prior to shipping the Academy. Anyone wants to come by and hear what a timbre matched system of this calibre sounds like, give me a shout during the holidays and you can drop on it.

I'll be shipping the Academy after Christmas, so hurry!

Michael

Dang! I'd love to stop by but it doesn't look like I'll have time.... and you'll probably have shipped 'em off by the time we return from our Christmas travels.

On the other hand, I've heard 7 split La Scalas in an HT so I'd have to agree timbre matching is a very good thing. That siad, forte, Academy, Heresy is more likely in my future than 7 La Scalas....

Looks like DeanG is paying a visit this weekend so Roger will probably be over as well. If anyone wants to stop in give me a call at 317-946-2044.

We'll probably set some stuff up on Friday and be listening/watching movies on Saturday afternoon. Nothing really serious planned, just boys and toys.

Michael

OK, newbie question so please forgive me. The Heresy is timbre matched with the Forte II and the Academy?

I've got a pair of Forte IIs in the front and an Academy at center. I've wanted to get a pair of Heritage speakers but figured they wouldn't match and instead have been looking for another pair of Forte or Chorus instead. Would a pair of Cornwalls timbre match with Forte IIs/Academy?

Any input on how Cornwalls would sound with the Academy?

I ask because I've got a pair of Cornwalls near by but I don't want to spend the money right now for speakers that don't fit in with what I have now. If they'd work I'd move my Forte IIs to the rear and put the Cornwalls in front. I think they'd be great for when I listen to my receiver on 2 channel but I'd want them to blend when I was watching movies. If not then I'll just keep looking for a pair of Chorus II/Forte II/Quartets for new rears.