Finally! Image X10 In The Ears!

BLSamuel

Finally! Some Image are in the ears! [8][8][:D][8][8]

Loved the prototype of the IMAGE I was able to try that later became the Image X10.

Just couldn't swing the IMAGE when they first came out so got the Custom 2 and they are incredible.

Cashed in some reward points and now have some Image X10. Wow! Forgot how incredible these are.

After trying both, I think I actually prefer the X5 but they're too big for our youngest daughter and couldn't get those with reward points anyway.

Now I can really feel the bass in my head.

With all the things I can hear with the Custom 2 I've never heard before, I hear even more things with the Image X10. And they're easier to get a good seal for that insanely amazing bass.

It's been a long wait but well worth it.

way cool Ben, I'm happy for you. I've been enjoying my Image IEM for about a year now, that's when they first came to market, was around Christmas.

I'd say there isn't a week go by that I don't spend a few hours with them in. Long drives in the truck mostly (no CD player in there). Also good for napping and airplane rides or Dr. waiting rooms.

• 3 weeks later...

Now you have to fight with your daughter to use them.

Not as bad as one would think. She uses them some on road trips, as she did the Custom 2, I use them primarily at work which I'm doing now for the first time.

As incredible as the Custom 2 are, it's hard to believe how much better the Image X10 sound. And the Custom 2 are very good. And I can just stick 'em in and get a better seal than I ever could with the Custom 2 or at least as good. I think part of that problem was the lotions and stuff the medical professionals (doctors, nurse practicioners, physicians assistants, etc...) had me using to get my perpetually itching ear to quit itching. Lotion in the ear creates additional problems - flakes which add raspiness to the sound and can be hard to see as they're pretty much clear. I have a new theory on my itching ear (the right is much worse than the left) - maybe the old man ear hair is starting to grow? [:S]

Now if I could just get the Image X5 (which I thought sounded better than the Image X10) but at least I get the awesome Image X10 bass this way and I'm sure our daughter would've been really disappointed if I'd have gotten the Image X5 as they're too big for her small ear canals (even with the mythical extra small gels that only a few, maybe only her and Amy, require).

So, if you ever get any prototypes of the Image X15 that has the incredible bass of the X10 and the even better highs of the X5, and is as tiny as the X10 I'd be happy to try 'em out.... and have a teenage that'd also be more than happy to abuse, er test them as well. (That'd be the Custom 3 but the Image models at least the X10 just work better for me).

And with the cable cinched at the back of my head, the cable noise doesn't really seem to be an issue, at least not sitting in my chair. I suppose if I just let it hang in the front like I did in trying the IMAGE prototypes and tap on either cable I'd get close to the same results but the production cable is possibly quieter as well.

WOO HOO! Image (X10) IN the ears! [:D]