Stock Khorn bass bin go up to 800Hz?

Ki Choi

Thanks guys for the info.

Mike:

It seems the black line corresponds to bass bin diving at 300Hz but what is the red line?

I am getting the most musical (unlike the normal powered subs...) bass from my '76 Khorn bass bins driven actively with Hsu Research electronics crossover set at 51Hz with 200w/ch SS amps - helping out a pair of B&W N800s positioned way out in the room for the ghostly imaging performance. I realize there are huge time alignment issue with the Khorn bass bins in the corners of the room and the N800s positioned almost 4' away from the front wall. But I am very pleased with the sound. Maybe this time alignment thing is over rated...

Since my room isn't huge, I was hoping if there's a way to squeez out as much out of the Khorn bass bins to get them close to the Jub bass bins, it would make an ideal poor man's Jub bass section for me to try at some point with proper drivers for mids and highs...

thanks,

Ki

The red line is the jubilee

If you want to squeeze the most out of your khorn bass bin, use it in 4-way mode crossed over at 300hz, like the electro-voice patrician IV.