Build my own RSW-15

GoranG

Hi.

I got a hold of 2 K-1114-T 15" wooferd and want to build 2 RSW-15 clones.

I dont have the passive woofers, so I will have to build a vented box.

Are there any ST-parameters availiable for the 15" woofers?

What kind of box would you guys build?

\Goran

Welcome to the forum.

If you're not using passives, I don't think I'd call them clones, it might get confusing. If you can't find TS parameters (which you'll definately need) I believe parts express sells a device that will take a sub driver and measure/calculate them for you. It's about a hundred dollars if I remember correctly. Please post pics as you go!

Welcome to the forum.

If you're not using passives, I don't think I'd call them clones, it might get confusing. If you can't find TS parameters (which you'll definately need) I believe parts express sells a device that will take a sub driver and measure/calculate them for you. It's about a hundred dollars if I remember correctly. Please post pics as you go!

I will order that tonight :D

Thanks

(I'll post pics when I start to build :) )

Welcome to the forum.

take it for what it is, it will not be as accurate as a klippel

15" concrete forming tube with wood end caps. I used a 2 ft section and two 18" table tops you can buy from lowes. Driven by a 200 watt amp. It is not as pretty as a RSW 15 but it rocks. Make sure you cut the holes for the drivers pretty tight I made one too big and it has air leaks when I crank it. I'll replace when I get the motivation. I did have the passive for mine though.

It's me again... Ihavent started to build yet, because I got some second thoughts about not using passives...

So, I have been looking around the net for some time now for some KD-20-T 15" passives, but haven't found any...

The Norwegian import firm dont answer calls or mail either. (bad klipsch representative)

Do any of you guys know where to ask\mail?

\Gøran

Welcome to the forum.

take it for what it is, it will not be as accurate as a klippel

Way to state the obvious. perhaps you have a Klippel lieing around he can use or expect the OP to pay the couple of hundred dollars it will cost to ship the driver and have it done?

WFT3 is actually pretty accurate. The reason that I know this is because I've measured a lot of drivers with it. Some of the drivers come in very close to the mfg specs like TC sounds and Treo. This would indicate that it does work if you set it up to get a good measurement. Other drivers are significantly different than the provided info. It ain't deadly accurate but it's a lot better than going blind or relying on manufacturer's provided specs.