Found some vertical cornwall II's

Cornwalled

Hiya all!

I found a pair of the Oh-so-rare vintage cornwall II's with vertical horns. Only two catches- the pair is split up, one speaker in each auction, so count on mismatched stains/years, but they're still close. Second catch- only one has drivers, LOL. But if you have some extra bits lyin' around, you could put together a pair real quick, and REAL cheap. The loaded one's going for $250, the empty one for $50. No reserve on either one of 'em.

I'd take 'em if I had the money, but it's just not in the cards for me right now. Someone should pick 'em up though. Guess it depends on how much it matters to you that they're consecutive, same year, finish, etc. Wouldn't bother me any, I'd just love to have vertical horns! Never heard em though, I'd be curious.

Serial number for the loaded one doesn't make sense though- 9E51. Checked it with my serial number document, and it's too short, although if it had more numbers E would be 1966. However it's starting at $250, no reserve. Someone's gotta get it!

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1331061704

Here is the link for the empty cabinet. Has a grille too, looks pretty good:

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1330226754

Also found some Alnico Cornwall I's, no pic though, so take it for what it's worth. They're made in 1979. Serial numbers 21T275 and 21T288.

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1330988749

Best of luck, any biters on them let us know.

Jon

(If I babble on too much about Cornwalls just let me know, I just love em)

------------------

markvi82@hotmail.com

1981 Cornwall I's

Yamaha DSP-A1000 integrated amp

Acoustic Research AR3A's for Pro-Logic rears

(Music only setup)

Marantz CD Player

Yamaha Turntable with Stanton EE Cartridge

Were the Vertical Cornwall II's mirror image speakers?

If they are, how would you know if you didn't end up with two left speakers, or two rights?

you could ask the sellers, I guess.

If these are mirror image speakers, I would Imagine these would have great seperation and imaging, IMO.

The one pair you could buy now for $900 with no pic, has binding posts replaced from the terminal blocks.

This is probably OK, but he did internal wiring, which might be a good thing, then it might not be.

He did not say anything about crossover mods, which is a good thing.

For that kind of money, I would want the speakers as original as possible, and at least have the benefit of doing any sort of mods myself, if even needed.

Replacing the terminal blocks, would be a good thing for constant use, and better compatability with spades, banana jacks, etc...

THANX!

Mike,

I boobooed about the vertical cornwalls. they both have the horns on the right side.

Sorry!

Jon

------------------

markvi82@hotmail.com

1981 Cornwall I's

Yamaha DSP-A1000 integrated amp

Acoustic Research AR3A's for Pro-Logic rears

(Music only setup)

Marantz CD Player

Yamaha Turntable with Stanton EE Cartridge