Midwest Audiofest!!!

tgourlie

I keep hearing about this and would like to attend, but it is 6 hours at slightly better than the posted speeds to Chicago from My location in the "midwest" (Minneapolis). I made it to Lancaster, Ohio in 16 hours last fall.

I think I'll wait for a location in the "midwest" or mideast of the USA that is closer.

CC---You seem to imply that Ohio ain't the Midwest. Those states formed from the territory ceded by Britian after the War of Independance and subsequently known as The Old Northwest are certainly part of the Midwest. Personally I consider the Midwest the area west of The Mountains, north of the Ohio or a line drawn west from Cairo and east of the "dryline"; the longgrass prairie but not the shortgrass plains.

Rowoo--Nah, Omaha is almost in The West. Moving westward across Nebraska somewhere you will leave a town where people wear seedcaps and lace-up boots and the next town will have people with cowboy hats and boots, then you've crossed the line between Midwest and West. Also, if you aren't in the Big 10 you aren't really Midwestern. Which doesn't mean that Pennsylvania is. :-)

tgourlie---This is the first fest. One would think Klipsch would have a display but then they'd have to risk the RF-7 going mano-a-mano with Edgarhorns, Sierra-Brooks and CARs, not to mention my Altec 605As and Bean Counter's vintage JBLs, and the RFs would get smoked. Unless they showed-up with actual new Heritages or Jubilees, that would be something. If Klipsch is serious about reintroducing the Heritages or the Jubilee this fest is an excellent opprotunity for them to show the true fanatic hornies their stuff.

rowoo---Yeah, the Heart of The Midwest have teams in The Big 10---Ohio, Indiana, Michigan, Illinois, Wisconsin, Minnesota and Iowa, all these states have Big 10 teams; Illinois, Indiana and Michigan each have 2 teams. You guys play football with strangers; Oklahoma, Texas, Colorado and such, you don't even hangout with us. :-) Though a couple of weeks ago when I was down in Champaign to see my Illini daughter I saw the Nebraska Gymnastics team getting off the bus. And I understand your pride as a Midwesterner, we're the Heart and Soul of the Nation; no-nonsense people who grow grain, build cars and tractors, make steel and lumber, butcher hogs and steers, and oh Yeah, did Enron's accounting too. :-)

I'm looking forward to the mini bar.cwm32.gif And of course the big horns. There will be some great seminars to attend to. Wow, who would have thought a college guy would choose Midwest Audiofest for a Spring Break destination. I'm hoping to see some Klipsch speakers with thier grills off.cwm4.gif

This message has been edited by tgourlie on 02-11-2002 at 10:22 PM