Newbe to klipsch needs help

clemracer

Hi I finally grew up and was able to afford my first Klipsch speakers. I am setting up a Home Theater system and need help with a Front Center speaker. Here is what I have so far and what I am leaning toward for the Center. I picked up or I mean stole not really but feels like I did a set of KG 3 's now these are floor modles the ones I saw on the site were bookshelf and a ksw 10 Sub I got these for only $60.00 and they are great. Then Best buys had a clearence on a set of K-2s i got for $360.00 for the pair I feel blessed for my purchases. I plan On the k-2s for the fronts the KG-3s for the rear and now need a good center. When talking to the guy at best buys he said the center was very inportant and would spend a little x-tra on it. They have a c-1 on clearence for 109.00 but I was leaning toward a c-2. But after thinking of what he said I am not sure which way to go. Maybe a c-3 or a rc-3 for the center if it that important any help or sugestions would be appreciated I am new to Klipsch so help walk me through.

Thanks Jeff

Welcome, you have started a long journey lil' grasshopper. I don't have the experience with these particular models to help you out specifically (the other boys will be along any minute now to help) but I will second the salesman's opinion that the center is very important. Timbre or 'same sound' is no doubt a must have in HT mode. Get the info here and buy what these guys recommend. I personally traveled the non matching center road and once I hit on it I knew that I had wasted a lot of money on things I shouldn't have. Not my first time either mind you.

Seriously, listen up, check out all you can in the range and enjoy. Again, stick around; many, many years of Klipschdom expertise around these parts. Look at it his way, great deal on what you wanted so far so you can "afford" to get what should be in the middle.

• Moderators

Also I don't know about those models, but USNRET is correct, whatever you use for the front L & R use for the center if possible, if not use the best center channel you can get that is a MATCH your mains. Don't waist your money on something that don't match, you will be sorry.

And welcome to the forum........we say these things so you don't make the same mistakes we did, you save $ in the long run.