Dual SVS CS-Ultras versus Single CS-Ultra + Hsu MBM-12

wuzzzer

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. I've gone and done it again.

If you were given the choice between dual SVS CS-Ultras driven by a 1000 watt pro amp versus a single CS-Ultra paired with an Hsu MBM-12, which would you choose? Well, very shortly I will have four subwoofers at my house. Unfortunately two must go. I'm selling my current SVS PC-Plus 16-46 for sure. Then its a matter of do I keep only one of the CS's along with the MBM, or sell both my current SVS and the MBM and keep the two Ultras.

I love the addition the MBM has made in midbass output. Bass drums and LFE has reached a new level with it.

I guess I'll have to get the Ultras and then experiment with different setups and decide. [*-)]

Oh great, so I just bought the Ultras for nothing then! Wink I already have the 16-46 and the MBM. I guess I'll experiment with them when they're here and see.

The only reason I suggested that combo is that your current sub is tuned lower than the ones you're getting and it seems to be the perfect sub to put with the MBM. I think the Ultras are tuned to 20????Hz with all ports open? If they're tuned to 20 or 25, I'd keep them both (Ultras) and block a port or 2 and tune them to 16 Hz, keep the MBM and sell the 16-46. You can never have too much woofage!!!

The only reason I suggested that combo is that your current sub is tuned lower than the ones you're getting and it seems to be the perfect sub to put with the MBM. I think the Ultras are tuned to 20????Hz with all ports open? If they're tuned to 20 or 25, I'd keep them both (Ultras) and block a port or 2 and tune them to 16 Hz, keep the MBM and sell the 16-46. You can never have too much woofage!!!

The deal I made with myself is that after all is said and done I'll only have two subs. I know my current setup is a good combo as far as the 16-46 digging super deep and the MBM giving the slam. I guess at this point I'm looking for more SPL and not as much depth charged bass. I have a feeling that the Ultras will give me decent upper midbass output, unlike the 16-46.

My gut feeling is that I'm going to keep both Ultras and sell the 16-46 and the MBM, but we'll have to see. They should be here Friday according to UPS's site!