KLIPSCH RSW 12 vs SVS 2039CS+

Amit

Hey guys,

Which one of these subs would you reccomend, for music as well as HT. I have heard that the Klpisch are excellent on music, but what about HT. Also how do the SVS and KLIPSCH compare in terms of Tightness, speed, and overall accuracy. By the way anybody know what the spl on the RSW 12 is at 20hz, 1 meter away at 10% or no distortion.

Thanks for your opinions!

Interesting question...

Well I did not test the RSW12 yet,have the RSW10 on test(its back) and its a very "musical" sub,great for music.

Its very tight and fast,no lag.The unit is very well built,the drivers are heavy duty(the cone is fragile to puncturing,damn who wants to kick their woofer cones anyway?).

The RSW10 just does not dig very low,its not at all good for pipe organs and heavy HT use.On most HT material it performes quite well.Good punch a la M&K.

The SVS has more output,extends very low and clean.With the SVS you can hear almost the full power(well almost...)of a pipe organ,quite impressive to say the least.I used two SVS Ultras and I can say SVS subs dig deep,deeper than any competitor.All this with ease!

As for speed and accuracy,hmm I did not find the SVS to be the least boomy or slow.Sure they dont have this "dry" impact I like from a larger M&K or the RSW10.To me its upper bass,if the sub is cut low you will notmiss this anyway.

IMO the winner here is the CS+(should be very close to an SVS Ultra,within 3-4dB's).

If you have small sats,dont look to reach the abyss of the deep,the RSW12 could be your choice.

TheEAR(s) Now theears

Like ears said. If you use a sub mostly for music then you may want the RSW. If you use it mainly for HT, or need a sub that goes really low go for the SVS

------------------

Receiver:Pioneer VSX-D850S

Display: Mitsubishi 46 inch HDTV

Fronts: RF-3II

Center: RC-3II

Surrounds: RS-3II

Sub: SVS 20-39CS+ w/ Samson S-1000 Amplifier