samsung bdp-2550 vs Oppo BDP-83

RockOn4Klipsch

I'm in the market to sell my ps3 and get a new BR player with analog outs. Shuold I wait for the oppo or get the samsung 2550, I was holding off on the samsung as it didn't decode DTS MA, but now it does.

The Oppo sounds nice but I have no SACDs or DVDA discs which is probably not something I want to get involved in. So If it will be a pure DVD player and an occasional CD player which would be your choice?

Is there much of a difference in the upscaling feature between the HQV processor in the samsung and the Anchor Bay chip in the Oppo?

Cheaper would be better , so I'm leaning toward the sammy, load times are not a huge issue as I understand that it takes a certain amount of time to access 50 gigs of material on the BR disc vs the 4.7gigs on a dvd. Maybe I say this because i'm spoiled fromhaving the PS3.

Anyways weigh in and let me know what you think.

Check out the Pioneer BDP-51FD. Just installed one for my brother and prefer it to my Samsung BDP-1400. The Pioneer sports Wolfson DAC's and decodes all the codecs internally for 5.1 analog output. Reasonably fast load times and a really nice picture and sound. Found on eBay for $350 delivered.

I'm not against the Panny 55 , the sony 550 or the samsung 2550 but to save the sapce of saying this vs this vs this I just between these 2 as the other standalone BDPs are relative in cost and I believe performance.

I'm looking for something to replace my PS3 with, I'm looking for something with analog outs to go with the new processor. Will i get the same audio performance out of all of them. the Samsung uses ESS tech DACs which i read are found in krelly equipments, wolfson in the panny, no idea on the sony. anythoughts?