St-120amp and la Scala

roddey

Well I just got a Bob Latino st-120 Dyanco tube amp to go with my rebuilt 1978 La Scala. Ct-125 tweeters crossed over at 4500htz. New diaghrams in the k55-v. New caps and the cabinets refinished. Now I need to try and find a descent pre-amp and cd transport..I am thinking about a Rotel pre-amp.. Anyone have one of thee pre-amps? Any opinions? I allready have a nice tube dac so I will have plenty of the tube sound. I heard the Rotels sound warm but they might tighten the music up a bit if put in the signal path.. I hope it all sounds good. Wish me luck!! Rodney

I think the st 120 is solid state - do you mean the venerable st 70 ?

Peace,

TommyK

The Bob Latino st-120 is a tube amp which basically is two Dynaco Mark III's on one chasis. Bob has a decent product at an attractive price.

Bob messed up calling his tubed 60wpc Dynaco (ST-70) clone an ST-120. The ST-120 was a s/s Dynaco. I've seen Bob's amp referred to now as the VTA-120 which removes the confusion somewhat. His amp uses the VTA driver board and Bob is the "official" VTA east coast dealer as well as a custom amp builder. So a VTA-120 is a 60wpc tube amp that is a clone of the 35 wpc Dynaco ST-70......but with 60wpc.

I figured all this out after I bought mine. It is a good amp.