bass born

Randyman

What are you running for mains?

-10dB at 27Hz is probably already achieved by what you're running....so if you need that extra 20dB above 120dB, then I suppose it might be something to consider.

I would personally look into other options...

Btw, what kind of music do you listen to?

Thats an interesting bass horn. If you really wanted the horn dynamics and tight bass, that might be a good choice.

You could compensate for the -10 db at 27 hz with EQ. Like you said, for home audio not movies.

I've never heard one of these. I don't know how Cerwin Vegas bass horns sound. I know there home audio stuff sounds leaves alot to be desired.

Daniel

-10dB at 27Hz is probably already achieved by what you're running....so if you need that extra 20dB above 120dB, then I suppose it might be something to consider.

Well right know using Hersey 1s but I have klf 30s to I would like an extra 20db above 120db so will this work?????????? I want it to fill a room 30 by 70 with bass thanks Doc for your help

Thats an interesting bass horn. If you really wanted the horn dynamics and tight bass, that might be a good choice.

You could compensate for the -10 db at 27 hz with EQ. Like you said, for home audio not movies.

I've never heard one of these. I don't know how Cerwin Vegas bass horns sound. I know there home audio stuff sounds leaves alot to be desired.

Daniel

I heard a cerwin vega in Guitar Center hook up to some kind of dbx eq and I thought it sounded good

I listen to Rock and Blues

Well I must confess that I'm not at all a fan of Cerwin Vega....there is way better PA gear available, but then of course a lot of it costs more. I certainly wouldn't consider using CV in the home.

That said, I've never heard that particular cab, so I'll have to reserve judement.

However, horn loaded cabs that are truncated will tend to have rather jagged frequency responses...it'd prob take a lot of EQ to even it out, and even then you'll be finding against the resonances that cause the ragged response.

Btw, how much is that cab selling for? I'm just wondering if I know of something in the same price range that should sound better.

Well I must confess that I'm not at all a fan of Cerwin Vega....there is way better PA gear available, but then of course a lot of it costs more. I certainly wouldn't consider using CV in the home.

That said, I've never heard that particular cab, so I'll have to reserve judement.

However, horn loaded cabs that are truncated will tend to have rather jagged frequency responses...it'd prob take a lot of EQ to even it out, and even then you'll be finding against the resonances that cause the ragged response.

Btw, how much is that cab selling for? I'm just wondering if I know of something in the same price range that should sound better.

I am not sure on the cost of that cab what is good sounding Pa gear I need good loud full bass sounding cab if you know mean but really dont want to spend alot of money .Thanks for your help Doc

Well that cab will certainly go loud (yikes). Cerwin Vega stuff always goes loud...

Btw, are you just sitting back and chilling to loud music, or you doing parties or something? And is space a major constraint?

This will be for both in and outside partys and just kickin back and yes sometime space is a concern.What can I say Iam a bass head but I like good sounding loud and tight controled bass and not loud boomy if that makes any sense lol ...............

Well that cab will certainly go loud (yikes). Cerwin Vega stuff always goes loud...

Btw, are you just sitting back and chilling to loud music, or you doing parties or something? And is space a major constraint?

This will be for both in and outside partys and just kickin back and yes sometime space is a concern.What can I say Iam a bass head but I like good sounding loud and tight controled bass and not loud boomy if that makes any sense lol ...............

• 1 month later...

I just built the Table Tuba from Bill's designs and am very impressed. The horn exhibits the same bump in the 125hz range as the Khorn but running a subwoofer amp with lower crossover dampens any upper bass. I built it 18inches wide and used an 8 inch subwoofer out of a Ford Explorer I had laying around. Output below 40hz way better than the Khorn! Is on par with my 12inch ported 3.5 ft box with 200 amp plate amp. I'm running a 100watt plate amp with it right now. If you need more output you can run 2 8inch MCM drivers for $35 each or a 10inch Eminence subwoofer that will handle 300 watts.