Optimal room size for Klipshcorns and Cornwalls.

twins0649

Man Cave - Long wall is 16.25 feet where the speakers are; short side walls are 11.25 feet, initial height is 7 feet at the long wall with the speakers, and slopes up to approximately 8.75 feet. Side walls are also "splayed" about 2-3 degrees and are 17.25 feet along that wall where the equipment is located. K-horns have Forte-II's sitting on top to within about 1.5" of the ceiling, and they act like a bass trap. Sound is consistent throughout the room, no "ringing", weird bass heavy or bass absent spots, etc. "Perfect Sweet Spot" is about 2 feet wide, on axis with the Klipschorns, but any other position in the room sounds good and you can still hear the stereo separation. Room sounds very good at any volume, although generally I'm at low volume SPL most of the time.

You're sitting at a desk, aren't you? How far back from the Khorns are you? Are you nearly all the way back against the back wall? Those splayed side walls and sloped ceiling are ideal. That's what PWK did in the listening room at Hope!

How does it sound to you?

Sounds nice actually. Occasionally I wonder if it's a little hard or live. Most music is very pleasing but sometimes when all instruments are playing in a particular jam session it seems a little busy. Still get separation and the like but...maybe i'm just jonesing for the 402 horn I like so much.