Sauns TV wall mount- TRASH- Dont buy it.

winchester21

I have been through a weekend of pure of pure hell trying to pull off a DIY wall mount installation on my 50" panasonic plasma TV. I made the horrible mistake of buying the Sauns LT 25 tilt mount. The instructions look like something written by an 13 year old crackhead that likes to watch TVs fall on people. The literature contains a bunch of stupid pictures with numerous options and no written explanation whatsoever. You are left to guess where there are multiple choices of possible steps.Hardware leaves much to be desired. The bracket that attaches to the tv is a disaster waiting to happen. Absolutely terrible. There are several long slots and no defined holes in any useable areas. It is very obvious that they made this P O S to fit every TV in the world betweeen 30 and 65 inches rather than going the quality route and making the mount more model/brand specific.When we got the TV up on the wall- one side sudddenly slid down like 4 inches. After a string of words that i can't repeat here and diving for cover we discovered that the 2 screws would not hold the tv in place on the mounting arms of the contraption. I put a hydralic jack on top of my roller cab tool box to stead the TV while we pushed it back into place. After several attempts I was able to fabricate a makeshift tool out of a phillips head drill attachment and a long handled box end wrench( No room to work) to fit the hex bit. After i tightened the screw/bolt as tight as I possibly could the ---- thing finally held- for now. I had tightened the bolt with a large philips head screw driver as per the instructions before lifting it up but it would not hold. One side was fine- one was not. Unless you enjoy cussing, throwing things, and getting killed by falling TVs-dont buy this piece of garbage. You will be sorry that you did.

Worst part- my stuff was unhooked all weekend during this "2 hour job" and I could not listen to my macs or my cornwalls.

I helped a friend's brother install a 60" set with a pretty high quality bracket last week.

Problem was, he'd already had some guy build out his mantle area and the guy used 3/4" MDF board with only occasional wood brace, so we had nothing really trustworthy to bolt it too. Not only that, but he'd had the A/C and CATV wires run through this finish work, but then his wifey demanded that the HDTV box be hidden away so to install the remote infared system he's going to butcher the drywall up a second time!

I asked $50 for 2 hours work and walked away from it. He weighed 180 pounds and I made him hang from the panel mount before I'd put the TV on it.

If the Best Buy guys have to guarantee their work $200 to hang a TV isn't asking too much.