Promedia 2.1 subwoofer no longer functioning

iretch

The subwoofer in my 2.1s just stopped working today. The satellites are working fine. I checked the fuse and it is OK as well.

I took a peek inside the sub and didnt see anything fried or damaged. Is there anything obvious I can check or does anyone repair these any more? Have had these speakers for years and years and would hate to give them up. Thanks!

try another control pod and see if that does it, I have some available with Lifetime guarantees on them, and if the pod does not fix your problem you can send it back for a partial refund of 85. I have them available on Ebay quite often as well. and if the pod fixes your problem I will even buy your old control pod for $13.00.

I have the same problem.

I moved my system and plugged it back in... to find that the subwoofer and left satellite speaker weren't working. Opened up the subwoofer and replaced one of the two internal fuses, which had blown. Now both satellites work great and I've got the green light on the control pod, but still no action out of the subwoofer.

Any ideas?

I have the same problem.

I moved my system and plugged it back in... to find that the subwoofer and left satellite speaker weren't working. Opened up the subwoofer and replaced one of the two internal fuses, which had blown. Now both satellites work great and I've got the green light on the control pod, but still no action out of the subwoofer.

Any ideas?

You might need a new plug plug, if the plug broke while connected it could short out the system and blow fuses, try jiggling the DIN plug and see if that has any affect, if it does have any affect then you know there is something wrong there. And then I can help you.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

I guess there is still no resolution to this? My Sub has stopped working as well. I have full function and control on the two satellite speakers, but there is just nothing coming from the sub. I have checked the fuse on the back of the sub, as well as the two internally, and all three fuses are working as they should. Has anyone had any luck with fixing this yet?