Matching Receiver to Forte

pHEnomIC69

Don't focus on the wattage as much as the overall quality of the receiver. One company's 100 watts might not sound as good as another company's 40 watts.

If you already have a receiver and it has pre-amp outputs you can get an external amplifier to really make them sing. Companies like Rotel, QSC, Crown and Emotiva come to mind as high-power amps that many on here use.

I concur with the eariler comment. If your looking at a Receiver stick with Good Brand names, i.e. Onkyo, Yamaha, Denon or Emotiva .

I have found in this current market, if you get one around the 500-700 price range you can get one with the bells and whistles you need.

Or as stated eariler, get one with preouts and get a good Amp too add extra power..............

You really don't need lots of power to run your Fortes, as they are very efficient.

Good Luck and your search.

I can obtain ear-bleeding levels from my Forte's with my 35WPC Dynaco tube amp.

Ear bleed and a hard kick to the sternum are two entirely different things which take two entirely different approaches.

Just trying to give the author of this thread another perspective.

Personally I like my kick without the earbleed.[H]

I can obtain ear-bleeding levels from my Forte's with my 35WPC Dynaco tube amp.

Ear bleed and a hard kick to the sternum are two entirely different things which take two entirely different approaches.

Just trying to give the author of this thread another perspective.

Personally I like my kick without the earbleed.Cool

Granted my Dynaco can't give the hard kick to the sternum as my 270WPC Pioneer reciever but it can provide some impressive bass none the less. Comparing the two you would never guess that the Dynaco puts out only 35 watts compared to the Pioneer's 270 watts. I plan on bi-amping the Dynaco with my Pioneer to obtain the smooth tube mids and highs with the solid state low end kick.