Bi-amping RF-62 / Marantz SR5003 / Too much power?

Hrimnir

Hi guys, was hoping for an answer to this question. I'm about to purchase a marantz sr5003 and a pair of rf-62' as well as a rc-62 center. The marantz produces 90w per channel and has the ability to bi-amp the front speakers. Now, i'm assuming the biamp is really more for just louder playing or is there actually a quality difference in the sound?

I'm concerned b/c the RF-62's are only rated for 150w RMS, and in theory biamping them would be putting 180w into them, which im assuming is too much and would greatly increase the chance of blowing the speaker?

In all reality is 90w going to be plenty to drive the speakers or should i consider bi-amping etc.

Also, side question. I was planning on a pair of rs-42's later down the road for my surrounds. They are rated at 75w RMS, of course the Marantz is 90w RMS, is this going to overload those speakers? Will i be better off playing it safe and getting rc-52's instead?

Thanks for all your time guys ;-)

You won't have a problem either way, bi-amp or not.

With the efficiency of Klipsch speakers I can pretty much guarantee that you'll never use all 90 watts/channel of the Marantz. You'll be at decibel levels that no sane person would normally listen to. [:)]

My Onkyo delivers 140 (I think) watts/channel and my RS-42s have never had a problem. Surround speakers usually don't get nearly as much output as the front three anyway.

Oh, and see my signature below if you're looking for a pair of RS-42s...[;)]