Saturday Review on Klipschorn

WMcD

Some of the early Klipsch literature lists "Saturday Review" along with other articles and patents. It turns out this is a book rather than a magazine.

Attached are the salient pages. It is about 1.5 MB.

The Khorn is in the listing of Complete Speaker I. There are also the few pages from the book on enclosures (horns favored). I've included a page on the cost of bass drivers.

It is understandable that PWK did not refer to this book more often. The author places the K-Horn down the list from its EV cousins. Ouch.

The pricing of drivers (in 1956 dollars) shows how cheap we have things these days. This may be why something like the Jubilee with two bass drivers was not considered. One bass driver was quite expensive enough.

Wm McD

Saturday Review (compressed).pdf

I enjoyed the text saying that the bass control on the amp will need to be set down a bit when the KHorn is the mouth of the system.

Since the book was written in 1952 rev56, the author may have not yet been listening to music employing the Fender Precision Bass introduced in 1951 - which may have increased forever after the speaker requirements for low end reproduction - maybe the KHorn was ahead of its time?

As you might imagine, I have tried to track down literature on Klipsch over the years.

Here is the link to the page of the Klipsch literature. http://www.hifilit.com/hifilit/Klipsch/1953g.jpg hinting that there was such a publication I'm assuming that ref 9 is what I posted; and it is not really enough to track it down. Actually, some EV literature gave a better citation and I followed up.

It is somewhat frustrating that there IS interesting material in public libraries but it is near impossible to find because of limitations on indexing. Someday, maybe everything will be put into searchable .pdf.

The book has been sitting in Chicago Public Library for half a century . It is the stuff of a sci-fi story.

Wm McD