Can someone help with attenuation with 511b and AA network with 4500 hz mod.

roddey

Hello everyone. Can someone help me by telling me how to attenuate down the squawker with a 1978 La Scala with Bob Crites 4500 Hz. Mod in the network and 511b horns and Ct-125 tweeters? They sound better but slightly too dynamic in the mids. Also would the greatplains audio 902 drivers be in improvement and how would they work with the 4500 Hz. modded AA network or if I go with the 902's should I change the networks back to AA? Thanks for any help.

Are you using Bob's networks or did you mod your own networks?

If you bought one of Bob's networks, I believe you should be able to change the tap on the autotransformer that the squawker is attached to. I don't know the values of the different taps, but his website might tell you.

Otherwise, it would require replacing the autotransformer with one that has different taps.

Daniel

I have the T2A autotransformer which on Bob's internet site says is -3, -6,-9 and -12db. I have read that if I changed the "tap" I would have to change the 13 uf cap. But I dont know if the values stay the same with the 4500 hz. mod already done. Or even if i need to change the 13uf cap.

Posted Image

My knowledge hear hits a wall. Thanks, Rod

"Hello everyone. Can someone help me by telling me how to attenuate down the squawker with a 1978 La Scala with Bob Crites 4500 Hz. Mod in the network and 511b horns and Ct-125 tweeters?"

Move the .50mH coil from tap 4 down to tap 3 and change the 13uF capacitor to a 6.8uF. This will reduce the midrange by 3dB and keep the crossover point the same.

Also would the greatplains audio 902 drivers be in improvement and how would they work with the 4500 Hz. modded AA network or if I go with the 902's should I change the networks back to AA? Thanks for any help.

The 4500Hz crossover point is the transition point from the midrange driver to the tweeter, it has nothing to do with the transition point from the bass to the midrange.

The 902 is a great driver, but I don't recommend using it with Bob's modified A clone or any of the stock Klipsch networks unless you listen at very low levels.

I had the tweeter moved(kids[:D])on to the top and back of the cabs to where the tweeter is inline with the squawker and woofer. I measured them all from the front. With the squawker cab lips covering the tweeters I think the highs were being directed forward to the listener. It helped. Now there "blending" better. I will mess around with the attenuation later when the caps come in. Its to late to turn these up right now so I dont know how they will sound at higher levels. The household and neighbors would not appreciate that. Thanks all. Rod