Electrovoice DH2T midrangedriver

Elso Kwak

• 2 weeks later...

Hi DJK,

Thanks for your response. Did you hear the DH2 on a Klipschorn or on a Electrovoice horn?, because that makes a big difference. The DH2T is the only one that fits on the Klipsch K400 horn with its 1 3/8-18 thread. And the DH3 is more of a tweeter.

------------------

ELSO

The DH1506 had an aluminum dome with a kapton surround.The DH2 is all one piece titanium.It does not sound very good crossed at 400hz with a low order crossover.EV has been playing around with the thickness of the titanium on the DH2 for some time now.First they tried the thicker stuff of the DH1 and then the thinner stuff of the DH3 and now they have gone to something in the middle.None of them sound good.The newest is the best and I would not crossover at less than 800hz.For something that spins on to the K400 that sounds better than an 1824 I would get a DH1506.If you can't find a DH1506 I would get an 1829.While the throat size is a poor match for the K400 the 1829 still sounds great.Leave the cap plug on the rear exit.With some network tweaking I have been able to get the 1829 to measure +/- 1dB to 6.3Khz.