Custom 1 - "phhhhhhhh" sound with any source

White_Hawk

I've bought 2 pairs of custom 1s and returned both because no matter what source they were plugged into, as soon as I plug them in a get a "phhhhhhh" sound. It disappears as soon as music is playing, unless it is extremely quiet, but it bothers me nonetheless. Does anyone else have this problem?

I'm considering picking up a 3rd pair to try again if I'm the only one who's experienced this...

do you hear any sound when they're NOT plugged in? If so, it's your source that's making the sound, not your headphones.

might it be possible that with the headphones in that you're more aware of slight tinnitus that you don't recognize so long as there is outside stimulus but aware of when your ear canals are sealed?

I've plugged them into my laptop, wifes ipod touch, a TV, desktop computer - all have the "phhh" sound. I used them on my iphone and FINALLY the sound is gone. However these are a very late gift to my sister (who told me of the problem with the previous pair) and they do make the sound on her ipod and her computer, so its a no go.

I guess it could be said that the problem is the source, since I found one where the problem doesn't exist, but how come all my other pairs of headphones work on all those sources just fine?

• 2 weeks later...

I've plugged them into my laptop, wifes ipod touch, a TV, desktop computer - all have the "phhh" sound. I used them on my iphone and FINALLY the sound is gone. However these are a very late gift to my sister (who told me of the problem with the previous pair) and they do make the sound on her ipod and her computer, so its a no go.

I guess it could be said that the problem is the source, since I found one where the problem doesn't exist, but how come all my other pairs of headphones work on all those sources just fine?

I take it no one else has had this problem? And does anyone have a clue why it happens on all those sources with these earphones, but not with my other sets of headphones?