Klipsch® Image S4 and S2: FAQs

Professor Thump

So now we know what Professor Thump has been up to lately.... the sound of Klipsch getting down to a price where the masses might take the plunge.

I still don't understand why people have no problem spending $300 or more for an iPod type of device yet won't put any dough into 'phones to listen to the music.

At $100 and $80 they might not flinch especially since they're now in the (rhymes with hose) price range for in ear 'phones. And I'll bet the Klipsch sound MUCH better.

(edit) And are also much more comfortable!

Rhymes with HOSE? Hmmmmm.....Toes? Clothes? Rolls....Ahhh yeah....That makes sense.

Zip it!

Hose. Rolls. Do they rhyme?

I actually own a couple of Rolls products. A small little red phono preamp and small 4 input stereo line-level mixer I use as a level control to keep my tuner output from overloading the front end of the cheap computer speakers. Bostom Acoustics BA-4800 or something like that - not Klispch [:(] but were dirt cheap and makes a decent clock radio as the tuner has a built in timer. Besides, the local morning DJ might sound too real on Klipsch to wake up to [:o].

But [:#]. I won't type what rhymes with hose as it is a 4 letter word after all.

I hope the new Image S2 and S4 get the sales they deserve. I'm sure they'll blow away anyhting comparalbe except for the more expensive Image and Custom models and might get pretty doggone close.

Get 'em digging Klipsch 'phones and maybe they'll try the iPod and computer speakers and home speakers....

I'll pick the S4 in sound and comfort but to be fair I've not tried either.... I'm sure I may get to try the S4 someday so maybe should try some of those other In Ear headphones so it'll be a somewhat fair comparison. I'm a fan of Klipsch so I suspect am somewhat biased but I'll try to be fair.

Any chance you can loan me a set of both for a couple of weeks.... got a 2200 +- mile roadtrip coming up in early April (Spring Break!) that just might be good for comparing in ear headphones. Even a couple of teenagers to get their impressions. That said, the gels included with the S4 may be too big for our youngest daughter as they are for the Image x10 and Custom 2. Not to worry though, Amy fixed us up with a couple of sets of extra small.