Sub-12 vs. RW-10d ?

joshward10

I have a fairly large living room and am needing a sub. These are my two options: Sub-12 and the RW-10d. My receiver could easily power either. Which would you prefer and why? Is the reference series just a cleaner sound, but the synergy sub-12 will hit harder for a bigger boom?

Thanks for the help.

First off, dont' worry about your receiver powering an already powered sub. You could hook one up to a clock radio, and it would thump.

Granted the RW10D is newer, but the amp specs are the same as the RW10. (to the best of my knowledge) My Sub 12 hands down, without any kind of fight, absolutely dominates my RW10 in EVERY aspect. Bigger woofer, bigger/stronger amp, etc. So, I say get the Sub 12. You won't regret it!!!

I agree with the above post. But, you didn't mention the RW-12D. I have one, and believe it's a great budget sub.

I would second the RW-12d it's a great sub and a little more powerful than the sub-12 and the digital controls and remote capability are a great improvement also.

Also I have an RW-12d in excellent condition I am going to sell ( upgrade time[:)] ) it is basically in like new condition and I have the original box. I would take $500.00 shipping included in that price (US only).