maybe buying RF-7's and RSW 10

dwlnga

Hey guys,

I have an opportunity to buy some RF -7's and an RSW 10 for around $1300 in excellent working condition and with very slight scatches.(can't see from 2 ft away) I was wondering if this is a good price, and if so, what inexpensive receiver might you pair this with. I currently have sf2 towers and an sc2 center and was considering moving the sf2's to the rear, but would be stuck with the sc2 in the center for awhile. Money would slow down the rc7 purchase.

Thanks

Dan

I picked up the RF7's yesterday, and boy do they sound good!! They are currently being power by my old NAD 711 receiver, but the difference is night an day to the synergySF1. The RSW 10 is also a nice little sub. It is smooth and very unobtrusive sounding. Seems to provide just the right amount of bass for movies.

The fact that I really don't know what an awesome sub is supposed to sound like, I can't complain about this one.

I now need to look for a true surround sound receiver for movies. Would you recommend anything in particular, or should I just go listen to a bunch?

Thanks.

Dan