Trout farm. $20 an hour

peshewah

I took my 7 year old boy to a trout farm today to go fishing. Catch and release for $20 an hour or you buy them by the pound(on the hoof) and you have to keep what you catch. I don't care for trout so I let him fish the hourly rate and within a hour he is wore out. Needless to say he caught one every cast. They were huge, some 4-8 lbs in one area. He said they were too big so he went to a area where they were smaller. He had a blast and I enjoyed watching him and taking the fish off the hook. If you never been to a trout farm they are privatly owned so you don't need a license or trout stamp. Usually it is spring fed and damed off area's and stock big time. They look like a swarm of bees and you could probably throw a bare hook and catch them. Its alot of fun for kids and fairly cheap if you fish for a hour. We have one about 12 miles from the house. Lota fun.

Here it is Big Daddy Dee. Rainbow Run Trout Park ,2549 Hiway O, Highlandville Mo. Phone # is 417-443-3400. Its not a place to plan your vacation around. Its a little bitty place. Its open 9-5 and closes early on Sundays. But if your in the Branson area its about 20 miles north.