Bi-Wiring, does it make a difference?

Youbotwhat!

Wires and cables are a very controversial issue. The bottom line is you have to determine for yourself. I always suggest buying only if there is a return policy. Purchase with a credit card and keep the receipts. Do comparison tests and let your ears tell you. The longer the trial period the better.

------------------

Soundog's HT Systems

I'd also add that it will greatly depend on whether your system is very revealing or not, i.e. it will NOT make a difference if you're using those Bose cubes (that's assuming you could biwire them), but it could very well make a difference if you have very good ears and you're using B&W Nautilus with all high-quality separates...

------------------

http://sebdavid.150m.com go laugh at my crappy website...

My favorite HIFI sales man Woody stated after I said I really liked my new AQ Coral interconnect, "it is not what the cable does to the sound , it is what the cable does not screw up in the signal".

Woody is sharp! Owns Heresys, built his own Lowther cabinets, builds hiis own tube amps. Grew up repairing TVs as a boy at his dads shop in the early 60s.

Good cables probably alter the signal less. Liabilities are in other areas.

1. Wire internall in the speaker.

2. Amp and speaker connections

3. Circuit board traces

4. poor quality solder

5. oxidation

6. Inconsistent or dirty electrical current.

Depends on the wire and why you think you need to bi-wire.

I have had plus and minus experiences. If you have sibilant, you probably want a darker cable on the highs for example.

Cables will make a difference but the difference is typically not very pronounced THOUGH I know on one of my systems, it made a difference between a sound that irritated me to a sound that was more laid back and lush. This can be the differe

Experiment...

Peter Z.