Let the buyer beware- What a disaster

winchester21

It looks like this now all done. After 2 years in the works! It is amazing... Look at the link below...

http://www.tktheaters.com/gallery/digitalpalace/

AMAZING!!!!!!!

I agree with your sentiments there, Roger. However, I really prefer the casual look and feel of your theater as opposed to all of the "Movie Palaces" like your friend's. The little info section at the bottom of the page says his speakers are Genelec... what's up with that?

As for folks spending big bucks from the mid-high range audio stores to get very average or below results- I see this quite often. There is always a big whiz bang TV - the latest thing with all the bells and whistles- usually a high end DVD player- a music server(wow- it holds 50,000 songs!!!!!). Then they run all this neat stuff through a HT receiver with no outboards using mid level B&W speakers.The electronics sound nothing like they did at the store because of the room or the installation. Big disapointment- and a big Visa bill.

It took me a while but I finally got it- It is all about speakers- Choose these first and build the other stuff around them.

Just like any other big ticket item you are buying, research pays off in the end. It amazes me that so many people buy houses, cars, etc by the LOOK of the item, not whether it's any good or not... LOL.

I was really amazed to hear that some people actually buy cars sight unseen from Ebay. In one of those deals, you could wind up with a picture of a car and be told to read the fine print next time.