Impressions of the rw-12d VS. Paradigm's PS-1000

smcilwaine287

So the subwoofer is on my doorstep, and I'll be plugging both subs up as soon as I get home, I will be plugging them both in and out to see which one I like best. If the Paradigm still blows this one out of the water I may have to return it, but I really hope the Klipsch is just as good if not better.

A few subs back I owned the PS-1000, it was a great sub.

This was the first sub I listened to that really played low enouph to feal not just hear. I ended up returning it do to many noise Complaints (I should have just turned down the gain) I ended up with the PDR series instead.

I only had the sub for a week but it rocked, the only draw back was its size, it was bigger then my first TV.

Wow guys, the rw-12d is a great subwoofer. I also only owned the ps-100 for about 2 weeks until the entertainment center came and it didn't fit where I thought it would. I'm glad though, this klipsch sub is a large step up for both movies and music. Less boomy, and I think a great sub for the money.

The Paradigm PS series is one note band pass, good for HT and poor with music. The Klipsch should get the easy win here.

Back in the day when the PS-800 came out I purchased this "sub" as I had little extra cash for a sub. It did well for ...explosions.The PS lineup cannot qualify as articulate(defined) or musical.The PS design is good(accurate) only in a very very narrow passband.Should be cut no higher than 50-60Hz,even then it fares poorly when pitted VS a good quality sealed or classic ported sub.