Green Day-Bullet in a Bible Blu-ray

Rick

I picked this up at Best Buy yesterday. Good deal at $14.99 (will be $19.99 after Saturday). I watched the first 10 minutes or so last night to guage picture and sound quality. I will be watching it all the way through Friday night with a few glasses of wine. From what I did watch, it is a pretty good show. I would rate the audio and video quality both at a solid 4 out of 5. The video is 1080i as many concert BD's are, and the audio is either 2 channel or DTS HD Master 5.1. I would say for fans of the band you will surely want to check this out.

The show is from their 2005 tour so yes they do quite a few of those songs. I was going to post a link to Best Buy's website with the set list but they have very limited info there so far. I am pretty sure it is a Best Buy exclusive like the Police Certifiable. The one thing that may annoy some people is that its' kind of like a documentary where they talk a little bit in between songs.

Do they do any tunes from Canadian Idiot?

It's about half from American Idiot, and half older stuff. It came out a few years ago on CD/DVD, but is now out on Blu-Ray. I haven't picked it up, but am considering it. The only problem is that there are a bunch of interviews and stuff between songs, which I hate in a concert video. Just show me the concert.

Just read a review of Green Day's upcoming album, 21st Century Breadkdown, and the reviewer says that it makes American Idiot look like a warm-up!!! That is a pretty bold statement. If that's the case, I'm anxious to get my hands on it.