Music in the Powershares ad...

filmboydoug

I don't recognize it, and don't think it's one of the classical music "classics." Someone else may recognize it.

The music for some ads is written by a "house composer" who does his/her work without being identified or recorded separately. Recent examples that initially sounded to me at first like great classical stuff, have been the "We" environmental ad music, and current Marriott ads (where everything unfolds and folds up in motels). Well-known music isn't used much in ads these days, although Sprint used a Shostakovich waltz a few months ago.

I don't recognize it, and don't think it's one of the classical music "classics." Someone else may recognize it.

The music for some ads is written by a "house composer" who does his/her work without being identified or recorded separately. Recent examples that initially sounded to me at first like great classical stuff, have been the "We" environmental ad music, and current Marriott ads (where everything unfolds and folds up in motels). Well-known music isn't used much in ads these days, although Sprint used a Shostakovich waltz a few months ago.

That's kinda what I was thinking, made just for the ad. I originally posted that, but then thought if it was something well known, I'd be ridiculed, so I replaced with "no idea." [:$]